The year 2074. Can this be our future? A nation obsessed with safety. Some people might think this is great. However, in the year 2074 football is illegal and even french fries! Kind of sounds extreme. In the year 2074 calling someone names is a verbal assault and can get you sentenced for manual labor. In our society everyone assaults each other verbally. If you lived in the year 2074 would you last? in the book Rash by Pete Hautman Bo Martsen has already gotten 2 strikes for verbal assaults and one for throwing a pencil. Graphite pencils have been banned to ensure safety. For Bo Marsten's whole life he had a temper tantrum hard to control like the rest of his family. They all have been sent away, his brothers, cousins, and his dad. I feel bad for Bo Marsten. However, when his third assault is taken in account it is unbelievable the series of events taking place.
"I don't want your disgusting dog-anus mouth near her, understand?" You might think this is funny however this was a violation. Strike three, which was about the dog anus comment, he is out of school and Bo Marsten is forced to live and work in the Canadian Tundra making pizzas. His safety in the tundra is taken on a minimal account. The warden doesn't care whether they make it alive or not. Bo Marsten is not very responsible. Bo Marsten should think before he acts. This dialogue in the story stood out to me because it was these words that sent him to the Canadian tundra. In reality most people say things that hurt people more. If you were in 2074 you would probably have been sent away a long time ago. Just one insult can have a great impact. I think everyone sould recap on what they have done or said that has been mean and put yourself in Bo Marsten shoes. Can you picture how severe this may be or the consequences? We all should change, we all should be happy were not in Bo Marsten shoes. Maybe one day our society will change into a nation obsessed with safety. Are you prepared?
Bo Marsten has a problem, his temper. He blames it all on his father. Bo Marsten doesn't feel normal because to him other people breeze through school without a problem and he tries his very hardest. I see how Bo Marsten feels. However, he should take responsibility instead of blaming others. He thinks the impossible future he can't avoid is manual labor. I have been in his shoes. I thought I couldn't do things because my dad couldn't do it. However I practiced and achieved and left the differences between me and my dad. Bo Marsten doesn't look at the bright side and is constantly making jokes and knowing the right thing to do, he never does it.
Bo Marsten has a lot to learn and maybe the Canadian tundra will toughen him up or make a man out of him or a more responsible person. Either the Canadian Tundra is going to impact his life because he won't be able to see his family and is isolated. All he can do is work work and do more work. I was wondering about this and I wonder if Bo Marsten is going to escape or if he is going to stay. I have a feeling Bo might get into trouble and play more jokes. However. maybe he learned the Canadian Tundra isn't to much about fn and games. Maybe he learned this is serious
No comments:
Post a Comment